PO Box 14 Somerset, MA 02726
technical support 508-676-3838
1. Mix the Monagum paste. Measure 1 cup (250 ml) of 95oF (35oC) water into a 2 cup (500 ml) or larger measure. Slowly sprinkle 2 Tbl (9 gm) of Monagum into the water; stir vigorously with a wire whisk or an electric beater. Let the mixture stand several hours or overnight until smooth. If there are lumps, strain it through 1 or 2 layers of a clean nylon stocking to remove. Clearly label and keep unused Monagum paste in a closed container in the refrigerator. Let Monagum paste return to room temperature before use.
This Monagum paste is a guideline. Experiment until you get the thickness that suits your needs. Just increase or decrease the amount of Monagum for a thicker or thinner consistency.
2. Make the discharge paste. While wearing rubber gloves and the cartridge respirator, carefully measure 2 Tbl (30 ml) of household bleach into1 cup (250 ml) of Monagum paste. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. Apply the discharge paste to the fabric. Print, paint, or stencil the discharge pattern onto the fabric. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes until desired amount of color is removed. This can happen very fast or quite slowly. You can increase the amount of bleach when discharging stubborn colors.
4. Rinse the discharged fabric. Rinse fabric in a bucket of room temperature 75o to 95oF (24o to 35oC) water. Change the rinse water 3 to 4 times until the discharge paste is removed. Do not let the fabric fold over on itself during the rinse process or you will have spotty results.
5. Mix Anti-Chlor Concentrate. Measure 2½ gallons of 80o to 100oF (27o to 38oC) water into a plastic bucket. While wearing rubber gloves and the cartridge respirator, add 1 tsp (2.2 gm) Anti-Chlor Concentrate and stir until dissolved. Discard Anti-Chlor Concentrate solution after one day.
Soak rinsed discharged fabric in this mixture for 5 minutes, giving the fabric an occasional stir. Remove fabric and rinse well in room temperature 75o to 95oF (24o to 35oC) water. Then, wash in hot 140oF (60oC) water with ½ tsp (1.25 ml) Synthrapol. Rinse well and dry.
|By the way, we've found that our PRO Sun Yellow 108, Lemon Yellow 114, Mixing Red 305 and Mixing Blue 402c all discharge easily.|
© Copyright 2002